Feature request: Disable iCloud sync & alternative sync options

George

13 Nov, 2016 10:19 AM

As far as I can see there is no way to disable the automatic sync to iCloud, could we get a toggle for this?
I understand the benefits of iCloud but it would be nice if it's not compulsory.

I would really prefer to have the pro version be able to simply use a folder to store/read all mds so I can commit them to a git repo, sync them via dropbox etc. This way you can use alternative means of reading/writing your notes.

1. 1 Posted by ssoule on 14 Nov, 2016 04:04 AM

+1 I am sometimes in bandwidth-limited situations where I would not want syncing to occur.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 14 Nov, 2016 09:25 AM

Hi George,

I get the idea of disabling the sync in some cases, I'll see what we can do for the next releases.

Other sync methods are possible but require a lot of time and right now they are not our top priorities.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Marc on 14 Mar, 2017 03:18 AM

I love Bear. Great place to write.

Would love more sync options, but at a minimum, I'd like to turn off sync for my work computer, which is logged into iCloud for calendars and reminders and address book.

I'd like to keep my personal Bear notes turned off on my work computer, and only on for my personal devices. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Marc

4. 4 Posted by Marc on 14 Mar, 2017 03:25 AM

Ok, I answered my question -- I can select which apps have access to iCloud drive, and turn them on/off selectively. System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive.

All good, it worked just as I needed.

Thanks again for a great program :)
    Marc

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac