Feature Requests

Nina Reyes

10 Nov, 2016 08:52 PM

I'm really enjoying Bear so far. I like the direction it's going and looking forward to more development of this app.

Here are a few things I'd really love to see on the road map:

* Multi-level Nesting: Is it possible to nest down to a 3rd level? For instance #Work/EventName/Staff and #Work/EventName/Creative should look like this:
#Work
 - Event Name
 -- Staff
 -- Creative

* Archive: Over time, notes will grow and it would be GREAT to be able to mark something as archives and then an option to hide/show active/archived notes.

* Custom Themes: I'd love to be able to set my own theme colors!

1. 1 Posted by PO on 11 Nov, 2016 08:07 AM

Is multi-nesting even enabled, currently ?
    - works
    But -- doesn't appear to do anything. I'm VERY interested in multi-nesting. iA Writer has it and I can't work without it.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Nov, 2016 11:25 AM

Hi Nina,

• Right now only two nesting levels are allowed, but if many people request a more deep nesting, we'll consider it.

• The Archive is on our list

• We have a Bear theme maker we use internally to create the themes, but is not "usable" by everybody. In the future we may make it available to everybody.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Pierre-Olivier ... on 11 Nov, 2016 12:45 PM

Thank you for your reply. Is two levels enabled yet ?
    I can't seem to make it work. * makes a dot in markdown. ** doesn't do anything, unfortunately.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Nov, 2016 01:30 PM

Hi Pierre,

you can indent the list by tabbing the element you want to nest.

Cheers.

5. 5 Posted by Ben W. on 12 Jul, 2017 10:20 PM

Hi Bear Team,

I love Bear. Just thought it would be cool if headings/headers could also be markdown links.

Attached what it looks like currently. Keep up the good work!

-Ben

6. 6 Posted by Mark on 25 Feb, 2018 06:39 PM

Hi Bear Team!

I would love the ability to add simple tables to bear. I'm thinking just a few rows + columns similar to that of Google Docs.

Thanks!

7. 7 Posted by Joel Weissglass on 27 Feb, 2018 11:21 PM

I'm a new cub at Bear, but it may really help. Essentially trying to keep close histories of my 5 or 6 major projects, and you separate them beautifully. thanks!!! It would be very helpful for me to have the dates of the notes reflected in the folders to get a sense of coherence and timing. Seems straightforward.

8. 8 Posted by Pierre-Olivier ... on 28 Feb, 2018 06:26 AM

------------------
    Pierre-Olivier SERVAUD

9. 9 Posted by gw.boer on 19 Mar, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi,

Love your app would be great if when sending to bear from safari (ios, macos) I could already assign a tag preferably using the wonderfull tag autocompletion that the app already has.

Kind regards,

~Wout~

10. 10 Posted by John on 03 Apr, 2018 04:46 PM

It would be great to have "copy" default to rich text (or have that option). I copy and past with the keyboard. There is an rtf keyboard command, but my brain goes first to command/copy.

11. 11 Posted by Shambhavi on 25 Jun, 2018 02:16 AM

I want to ditch Ulysses and use Bear for writing. But I need to be able to drag and drop manually order notes. Is this feature in the pipeline?

12. 12 Posted by James on 11 Aug, 2018 07:31 PM

It would be super useful to have the option to have a multi column section. sometimes notes need to convey multiple "Buckets"

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac