Apple Pencil

Philip Levinson

10 Nov, 2016 12:35 AM

Will the app support Apple Pencil for "hand-written" notes? If not, are there plans to incorporate this?

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Phil Levinson

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 10 Nov, 2016 09:48 AM

Hi Phil,

Apple Pencil support is one of the most requested feature and we'll surely consider adding hand-written notes in the future.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Marsha Guerard on 10 Nov, 2016 03:57 PM

If you add that feature, it would make going Pro much more attractive. Otherwise, this app hasn't distinguished itself enough to justify committing to an annual expense.

3. 3 Posted by Jan on 22 Mar, 2017 04:25 AM

Is there any ETA on the Apple Pencil support? I was so sad this didn't make it into 1.1.

Also a great feature would be if the drawings used the color palette of the theme and the colors then changed with change of the theme. This would make the drawings fit into the page quite nicely.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 22 Mar, 2017 10:03 AM

Hi,

we are working on a sketch feature right now and will be available in the next major release. Hopefully will be available in 2/3 weeks.

Cheers.

P.S.
    Usually, I'm really bad on predicting release dates.

5. 5 Posted by Jan on 22 Mar, 2017 11:08 AM

That would be absolutely amazing! Thank you

6. 6 Posted by Tom on 27 Apr, 2017 01:15 PM

Hi there, Very keen to incorporate Bear into my workflow but being an iPad Pro & Apple Pencil user I wanted to clarify whether this feature has been included as yet?

Thanks in advance!

7. 7 Posted by Peter De Winter on 27 Apr, 2017 01:36 PM

Same here. That would be a major win. If possible with figure recognition.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 27 Apr, 2017 03:59 PM

@Tom We are working on Apple Pencil support and we plan to release it by the end of May.

@Peter We are studying a way to add shape recognition but is possible it won't be included in the first version.

9. 9 Posted by Hanna on 09 May, 2017 11:26 PM

Hooray for Apple Pencil support. Maybe I could get rid of these 5 other apps that I'm trying to use as a workaround :). I wish the iTunes Store had an alert notification so we would know. Thank you for your app.

10. 10 Posted by Tom Bragg on 22 May, 2017 10:30 PM

@Danilo great to hear it is in the pipeline, are you still anticipating a May release? Thanks again, Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 May 2017, at 9:27 am, Hanna <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 23 May, 2017 07:29 AM

Hi Tom,

yes, we hope to release version 1.2 this week (We have to wait for Apple to approve this release).

12. 12 Posted by Josh on 07 Sep, 2017 10:19 PM

Has apple support been added to Bear?

13. 13 Posted by Josh on 07 Sep, 2017 10:20 PM

Apple Pencil*

14. 14 Posted by Jan on 08 Sep, 2017 01:47 AM

Well, only a very basic one. No transparent backgrounds and no colors matching to the currently used theme yet. Personally it's not much use for me without these two things, but YMMV.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac