Using colors in app

Wilson

07 Nov, 2016 07:07 PM

Hello,

This app is almost perfect, but is there really no way to use specific colors in the app?!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Nov, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi Wilson,

if you mean for text highlighting no, but we have themes.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by David Wilson on 08 Nov, 2016 03:59 PM

I mean adding color to text like this

Adding highlighting would be great too, but a lack basic color to text functionality is a big oversight in my opinion.

Please consider it for future revisions.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Nov, 2016 04:31 PM

I think right now colored texts are not easily integrable in Bear, mostly because of themes, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

4. 4 Posted by Cam on 19 Jan, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Danilo,

Recently just joined Bear. I stopped using Evernote awhile ago because it was too bloated, and just stuck to Text Edit on Mac for its pure simplicity.

So far I love Bear, but just wanted to echo David's point, that highlight and text color options are a huge miss.

I work as a designer, and I rely heavily on color coding my notes and workflow (especially when handing off notes to my producer and team). This was a pretty basic function in Text Edit, and I feel like it should be it should be considered for future updates.

Thanks.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 19 Jan, 2017 10:11 AM

Hi Cam,

thank you for your feedback, we'll consider adding an highlighting feature.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by JD on 19 Mar, 2017 12:47 PM

+1

7. 7 Posted by pavelborisov on 20 Mar, 2017 06:56 AM

Bold text must be another color than regular text

8. 8 Posted by Ryan on 21 Apr, 2017 09:45 PM

+1

This and multiple window support is what stopping me to switch over to bear. Hope this is supported soon!

9. 9 Posted by Josiah on 22 Apr, 2017 07:29 AM

+1 to adding a feature to highlight an inline section of text or otherwise make it stand out visually.

The need that I and other users have here is different from making something a H1 for example. H1 impacts the full line of text and has a different semantic meaning if you consider things like future TOC features. Instead, the goal with highlighting is to help bring our attention back to some key idea within a note.

One example use case for this is to be able to identify for yourself some key ideas in a note that need further attention in the future.

10. 10 Posted by JD on 22 Apr, 2017 10:31 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac