Using colors in app

Wilson

07 Nov, 2016 07:07 PM

Hello,

This app is almost perfect, but is there really no way to use specific colors in the app?!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Nov, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi Wilson,

if you mean for text highlighting no, but we have themes.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by David Wilson on 08 Nov, 2016 03:59 PM

I mean adding color to text like this

Adding highlighting would be great too, but a lack basic color to text functionality is a big oversight in my opinion.

Please consider it for future revisions.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Nov, 2016 04:31 PM

I think right now colored texts are not easily integrable in Bear, mostly because of themes, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

4. 4 Posted by Cam on 19 Jan, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Danilo,

Recently just joined Bear. I stopped using Evernote awhile ago because it was too bloated, and just stuck to Text Edit on Mac for its pure simplicity.

So far I love Bear, but just wanted to echo David's point, that highlight and text color options are a huge miss.

I work as a designer, and I rely heavily on color coding my notes and workflow (especially when handing off notes to my producer and team). This was a pretty basic function in Text Edit, and I feel like it should be it should be considered for future updates.

Thanks.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 19 Jan, 2017 10:11 AM

Hi Cam,

thank you for your feedback, we'll consider adding an highlighting feature.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by JD on 19 Mar, 2017 12:47 PM

+1

7. 7 Posted by pavelborisov on 20 Mar, 2017 06:56 AM

Bold text must be another color than regular text

8. 8 Posted by Ryan on 21 Apr, 2017 09:45 PM

+1

This and multiple window support is what stopping me to switch over to bear. Hope this is supported soon!

9. 9 Posted by Josiah on 22 Apr, 2017 07:29 AM

+1 to adding a feature to highlight an inline section of text or otherwise make it stand out visually.

The need that I and other users have here is different from making something a H1 for example. H1 impacts the full line of text and has a different semantic meaning if you consider things like future TOC features. Instead, the goal with highlighting is to help bring our attention back to some key idea within a note.

One example use case for this is to be able to identify for yourself some key ideas in a note that need further attention in the future.

10. 10 Posted by JD on 22 Apr, 2017 10:31 AM

11. 11 Posted by Oloaf on 31 May, 2017 02:14 PM

+ 1 to adding text color
    Way more important to me than highlighting (although that will also be useful).

Been using Bear Pro for a couple weeks and loving it so far, with just the color capability obviously missing :)

12. 12 Posted by bob on 07 Jun, 2017 11:05 AM

Highlighting and colored text, kind of go outside of the idea of markdown not being used for presentation, but I understand the reality is people do use it for notes, not just for writing (hence the app name). So this would need to be an extension to commonmark.

It may be useful to add a theme which highlights underlined text as a suitable compromise.

13. 13 Posted by Ash on 13 Jun, 2017 10:49 PM

Yes please please please allow us to color code text and add highlighting!

14. 14 Posted by Josep on 30 Jun, 2017 12:04 PM

Just felt in love with this app and dumped Evernote/TextEdit for good. Gone pro too without hesitation

Just one request so far

+1 Highlight text in color

15. 15 Posted by larry on 14 Aug, 2017 03:52 AM

need colors .. i googled how to change words colour and google leads me here ..

when ** make words BOLD ** , could these stars invisible ?

larry

16. 16 Posted by jim g on 14 Aug, 2017 11:05 AM

Text highlighting was added in the latest release. You can either use the markdown syntax of surrounding the text with double colons (::highlight::) or use Format>Mark from the menu.

17. 17 Posted by Ashwarya Subhlu... on 14 Aug, 2017 04:32 PM

THANK YOU! Love it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac