Autocomplete suggestions for tags and links to other notes

Greg

06 Nov, 2016 11:52 PM

Please support Autocomplete and completion suggestions for tags and links to other notes. This is really really important! When I type #wel Bear should suggest #welcome as a completion and pressing the tab key should complete the tag. If there are multiple tags that start with 'wel' Bear should make multiple suggestions just as the autocomplete window in most code editors. The arrow keys should allow me to pick between different completions options. When I continue to type 'welc', Bear should narrow down the available options. Pressing tab at the end of a tag should bring up the autocomplete suggestions. E.g. I type "#wel", press tab to complete to "#welcome", press tab again to bring up the suggestions for sub-tags.

Same for links to other notes.

1. 1 Posted by JorgeL on 07 Nov, 2016 12:36 PM

+1

Would love to see that. Similar to github auto completion of issues etc. so important. I always have typos in tags and end up with two for the same...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 07 Nov, 2016 02:13 PM

Hello,

tag autocompletion is on our todo list, I can't say it'll be ready, but is one of our priorities.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Greg on 07 Nov, 2016 04:21 PM

That is great to hear, thanks! Please also consider autocompletion for links to other notes such as [[Welcome to Bear]].

4. 4 Posted by Ryan Norbauer on 10 Jul, 2017 08:51 PM

+1

5. 5 Posted by boris on 05 Sep, 2017 06:18 AM

+1

6. 6 Posted by fiil12 on 05 Sep, 2017 10:12 AM

+1

7. 7 Posted by Alex on 05 Oct, 2017 11:03 AM

+1

8. 8 Posted by mahdix on 05 Oct, 2017 12:30 PM

+1

9. 9 Posted by nrcook on 16 Oct, 2017 06:29 PM

+1

10. 10 Posted by herbalrn on 05 Nov, 2017 02:00 AM

+1

11. 11 Posted by Josh on 14 Nov, 2017 11:24 AM

omg +1. Its been a year. Really want to migrate to you from Evernote but tag autocompletion is an essential feature otherwise i end up misspelling and creating new tags instead of tagging with an existing tag

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 14 Nov, 2017 11:58 AM

@Josh

We are aware this was needed for long, we took time to reach our idea of autocomplete for tags and notes because was technically challenging. The good news is we are really close to release this, I hope will fulfill your needs.

13. 13 Posted by Alex on 14 Nov, 2017 12:12 PM

@Danilo Great news that you're almost there!

@Josh You can drag and drop on the macOS version to add tags that already exist too if this helps!

14. 14 Posted by Josh on 14 Nov, 2017 12:52 PM

@Danilo Great to hear! @Alex that is helpful, thanks..

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac