Too cutesy

ldrydenb

04 Nov, 2016 04:51 PM

Hi

Your program seems to be a great replacement for NValt: clearly a vast amount of work. I signed up immediately.

Unfortunately, the cutesiness of the interface is turning me off.

1. having to see a line drawing I haven't chosen to display on my Mac every time I don't have a note selected is irritating

2. having to see "keep calm and write something" every.single. time. I begin a new note is making me the opposite of calm.

I appreciate that there's currently a trend to whimsy in interface design, and that the above may even be a selling point for some. I can hide the sidebar, and hide the window when I don't have a note selected, but actively working to stop a program showing me things I don't want to see is a disincentive to use the app. Most boosters for whimsical interfaces warn that they're not for everyone and it seems that, in this case, it's not for me.

Is there any way to offer a 'just business' toggle/theme which just marks new notes with "new note/write here" (or some such) and *doesn't* show the bear line drawing?

Many thanks,

Dryden

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 06 Nov, 2016 12:28 PM

Hi Dryden,

what you are suggesting make sense to me, but it'll require preference option to hide the selection in the note list. Usually our policy for such things is considering how many people request a feature before introducing it.

The "keep calm and write something" is different matter, I think. We'll discuss changing it.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Brian Underwood on 29 Jul, 2018 01:15 PM

Agreed on the "Keep calm and write something", not so much because it's cutesy as the meme has been worn down past a nub. Even before it was, it felt weird as a meme given it's origin.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac