Bug Report: Creating New Note within Tag Navigation

robertson.historian

23 May, 2018 09:11 PM

Bear Pro user.

A bug occurs when creating a new note while navigating a specific tag. Normal functionality would create a new note with a prepopulated tag that mirrors the tag being navigated. Current release (1.5.4) crashes (as well as the last three releases) on my iPad Pro (iOS 11.3.1) when creating a new note WITHIN A CHILD TAG. For example, creating a new note while navigating #macrotag will repopulate #macrotag at the top of the note. However, when creating a note while navigating ‘#macrotag/child’ the app crashes - no matter the child note.

Thank you. Great software.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 24 May, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi Robertson,

I tried to simulate your crash but I had no success, I wonder if the child tag you mentioned has some special character (Unicode, emoji, non-latin characters)?

We release version 1.5.5 today but I don't think this problem is solved in this version.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by robertson.histo... on 24 May, 2018 02:05 PM

Thank you for the reply.

There are no special characters in any of the tags. Updated to 1.5.5 today, bug remains. I tried with every nested tag I have. All crash the app. I would delete and redownload, but I am worried about losing my note data.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 27 May, 2018 02:40 PM

Hi Robertson,

ok, I suspect something wrong in the database. Can you please send me the last Bear crashlog you can find on your iPad? If you sync your iPad with a mac you can find them in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.

In order to try to solve your problem, I suggest to backup your notes first then delete the app, re-install and re-import the notes. To be sure not to lose your data you can also make copies of it on iCloud or Dropbox.

4. 4 Posted by robertson.histo... on 07 Jun, 2018 07:21 PM

Can I provide a crash log on iPad only? I don't have a OSX computer. I will investigate the method to backup (though I use iCloud so it might already be done) and reinstall.

Mark

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Jun, 2018 03:59 PM

Hi,

Yes, you can find crashlogs in

Settings -> General -> About -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostic & Usage Data

You will see the crash logs with "Bear" as title prefix

Regards.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac