02 Jul, 2016 08:50 PM

Are you planning on adding a simple alarm on notes? Not an integration with calendars or anything fancy, just a simple alarm.

Thank you!

P. S.: I love this app ;)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Jul, 2016 08:54 AM

Hi Marco,

we have evaluated the idea of adding alarm or calendar support, but it seems to us a little unnecessary for a writing/note app.
    Do you plan to use an alarm for a specific note ( Groceries, todos, work related notes, ... ) ?

2. 2 Posted by Marco on 05 Jul, 2016 09:16 AM

Yes, exactly the ones you wrote :) I thought about two ways to implement it:
    1. By adding a button near the "info", "share" and "delete" button or
    2. Using markup. For example ° followed by a date, or date and time

But anyway for me it's nothing crucial :)

3. 3 Posted by Clay on 15 Nov, 2016 09:21 AM

Hey Danilo,

Just wanted to second this. I use alarms for to-do lists, which I used to make in Evernote quite often. Would be a great little feature to have and would save me from using the stock iOS Reminders app, which I don't like very much.

Keep up the good work!

4. 4 Posted by lorenzo on 15 Nov, 2016 09:54 PM

Simple reminders would be great; for example to be added with the hyperlink format:
    like: [Christmas](reminder:2016-12-25T10:00)
    This notification could be shown as "Christmas", and can open the right note at the right line when tapped
    IF the reminder is added to a check list, maybe it could be possible to mark as "complete" from the rich iOS 10 notification

What do you think? :)

5. 5 Posted by Daniel on 25 Jul, 2017 06:57 AM

I'd also love alarms / notifications when a due date was set inside a note. I love Bear and I am trying to extend it not just for note taking but also for my Todos as well.

6. 6 Posted by josh.d.kelly on 04 Dec, 2017 11:13 PM

Very interested in a way to add a simple reminder/alert for my todo's. I will be following this thread.

7. 7 Posted by Max on 18 Dec, 2017 03:01 AM

That would be awesome!

P.S. Is there any roadmap for Bear improvements?

8. 8 Posted by jxhjxhjxhjxh on 02 Feb, 2018 04:48 PM

I'd like a calendar as part of Bear - it's the one feature that I really miss from Day One - being able to click a date on the calendar and see the posts made on that day.

9. 9 Posted by tod.w on 02 Feb, 2018 09:36 PM

@ jxh... Now that would be a great feature. Thanks for suggesting it. Hopefully Danilo & Crew can figure an easy way to implement it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac