Roadmap 2018

Jon

17 Feb, 2018 06:18 PM

Hi Danilo!

As I did a year ago, I would like to know if you could share with us your current Roadmap. I know a lot was implemented from that roadmap, some soon, some not. If it is something that makes sense for you, it would be really great to know what is currently in your planning.

1. 1 Posted by john on 19 Feb, 2018 02:15 AM

Agreed! Dynalist uses trello for this and its really good. https://trello.com/b/z0HxDPNo/dynalist-roadmap

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 19 Feb, 2018 11:06 AM

Hi Jon,

We are a little skeptic about roadmaps because they are way too rigid for our development process. For example, if we got stuck for technical reasons during the implementation of one specific feature we want to be able to work on another one.
    Also, there is something we are working on we don't want to share until we understand if it makes sense or not.

Said so, in we are working on 3 major features: a Web Version, Tables, and Cryptography. Web will require some more time, we are currently stuck on Tables and there is a chance Cryptography will come before summer. In addition to this, we are working on several minor features: Archive, Sidebar items, New tagcons and related functionalities, Siri, TOC, iOS in-note search and more in-dept MultiMarkdown support.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Jon on 19 Feb, 2018 11:28 AM

To be honest, what you just shared is enough for me. At least it gives me some high-level overview on how the application will evolve in the future. Seeing Tables and TOC there is honestly enough for me to resubscribe and support your development. Thank you for sharing 😊.

4. 4 Posted by swaroop on 01 Mar, 2018 07:47 PM

@Danilo, what is Cryptography feature in this context?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Mar, 2018 10:13 AM

@swaroop I think cryptography will be a matter for 1.6 or 1.7. The problem now seems more the amount of paperwork we have to produce to get a cryptography approved in some states.

6. 6 Posted by nnewbill on 06 Mar, 2018 02:55 AM

@swaroop I believe cryptography is for note security.

+1 for tables and ToC being big wins

Thanks for your time and patience on the boards Danilo.

7. 7 Posted by Tony on 17 May, 2018 05:53 PM

how about inking? are you looking to improve that at all?

8. 8 Posted by JD on 24 Jun, 2018 02:33 PM

I am hoping for:

1) Mac Spotlight search of Bear notes content

2) iOS: search for content within a single note (can be done in Mac, thankfully)

cheers

9. 9 Posted by Krzysztof Wolni... on 09 Jul, 2018 05:02 AM

I nope to see possibility to block single note with password like we have in iOS notes.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac