Missing Notes

Matthew Wimer

12 Jan, 2018 11:54 PM

I am missing some notes.

I've been attempting to clean up the @untagged notes. On my Mac, I went through all of them and cleaned them up last week. Over the weekend, I added a new one and went to tag it on my iPad and discovered that I have around 15 other untagged notes. I went and checked on my Mac, and they aren't there. They're just gone. The odd part is, I added a new note on my Mac, and it showed up just fine on my iPad. So somehow, these 15 notes (and maybe others???) aren't syncing.

Any sense what I should do? Should I uninstall on my Mac and reinstall? Is there a way to not sync specific notes that I somehow triggered?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 14 Jan, 2018 05:23 PM

Hi Matthew,

Please try this, backup your notes and delete everything note in Bear (trash included) on one device, sync every connected device and delete (or save as .bearnote) eventual non-deleted notes, then restore the backup and the .bearnote files.

Here a quick guide about backup
    http://www.bear-writer.com/faq/Backup%20&%20Restore/

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Carolijn on 15 Jan, 2018 07:38 AM

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. When I edit one of those files it syncs immediately but I don't want to sync 'manually' every time.

Carolijn

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac