Can you bring theme styles to export (pdf)? + Other [Feature Requests] [also gdoc sync workaround]

Siraf Karabum

08 Jan, 2018 09:16 AM

Hey guys,

Pro user here, absolutely love this app! As a guy that does a lot of brainstorming, research, writing, and client proposals - this app is beyond amazing for my needs!

I have a small request along with a couple of big requests too:

Most importantly, 1.4 update made the export pdf version text darker. Great for printing, but as someone who mainly sends pdf versions around - the grey text (previous version) looked much nicer... Can you add a simple drop down in preferences to be able to change between the old and new version?

- Can we also get different themes for pdf/html exports?

- The ability to export with a header/footer. Nothing too crazy, just the ability to add basic copyright/disclaimer/company name - or even just a predetermined size image. Im currently using a hazel / automator script to add a footer with html/css then print as pdf function. It gets the job done but can be hit or miss at times.

- Add global hotkey (touchbar would be nice too) for "capture selection from screen". There are times when I'm doing research and want to take a ton of screenshots. I tried the bear chrome extension, but that creates individual notes - which defeats the entire purpose.

- Bear chrome extension: Add a "add to current opened note" option (hotkey would be a plus).

- I would LOVE a google docs sync. If that isn't possible at the moment, could you guys set up an automated export as docx that can run every 5 / 15min or every hour? The first time it runs it would export all the notes into the hashtag folder structure, using the first hashtag at the bottom. After a user edits a note, it exports the file automatically. Users could save the entire structure to their google drive folder for sync. I would imagine this would be a one-way export/sync. But if paired with a gdocs 3rd party markdown editor.... ;)

Keep up the good work! My year subscription is ending in 2 - 3 weeks, i will definitely be renewing!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Jan, 2018 04:05 PM

Hi Siraf,

Can we also get different themes for pdf/html exports?

We are still studying the best solution. I think giving ad hoc export templates is preferable than exporting with the app colors. Even if export the full theme as an option is still on the table.

The ability to export with a header/footer.

This is one of the things that make me wonder if an ad hoc solution suits better the pdf/html exports scenario.

• Add global hotkey (touchbar would be nice too) for "capture selection from screen".

This project by Xavier Decuyper capture screenshots or allow you to take quick notes form the sidebar. I don't remember if a global hotkey is available but is definitely an interesting app.

https://github.com/Savjee/bearclaw

Bear chrome extension: Add a "add to current opened note" option (hotkey would be a plus)

This is indeed an idea worth a shot, thanks.

I would LOVE a google docs sync

Not sure the folder things are really doable with Bear but we may have something in the future which may allow synching MD files with google drive. Forgive me if I'm super vague about it but is still a work in progress.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac