Unexpected alarms?

Patrick

07 Mar, 2016 11:44 AM

I love your app and have used it for years. Recently, when i set an alarm i've been getting extra, unexpected alarm notifications not at all related to the time i'd set. Sometimes a few minutes after setting it, sometimes after a stretch of hours, and accompanied by four or five notification pop-ups in a row. Forcing a close and restarting has not fixed it. It's come to the point where every time i set an alarm i can expect extra "ghost alarms" to sound at unpredictable intervals. Sometimes the pop-up notifications include outdated "alarm messages." What should i do?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Mar, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi Patrick,

this seems a very annoying problem, do the ghost alarms fire in the same moments respect the real alarms ?

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Patrick Mallory on 08 Mar, 2016 09:54 AM

It only happens when the app is active, but not in any predictable relation to the current
    alarm time i have set. And my responses to the ghost alarms (hitting either response option on the notification popup, going into the app and hitting the reset in either landscape or portrait) don't seem to have any effect on how many notifications it sends me. It just seems to stop when it's done. Almost like it's replaying older timers. Pretty weird.

3. 3 Posted by Tom on 08 Mar, 2016 11:44 AM

I've had the same problem on multiple different os's and iPhones now. It would seem the code is out of date with the iOS systems and shiny frog need to address their code. The app is broken and has been for some
    time, I'm surprised it's still being sold as a working app tbh. It's a shame as it was my favorite timer in terms of concept and design. Will you be fixing these issues any time soon?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 09 Mar, 2016 05:15 PM

Hi,

We'll address the problem as soon as possible.
    We have plans for a new 1TapAlarm, only ideas actually, but I'm pretty confident.

Cheers.

5. 5 Posted by Patrick Mallory on 09 Mar, 2016 07:53 PM

Thanks.

6. 6 Posted by Patrick Mallory on 08 Jul, 2016 04:02 AM

The latest update has, unfortunately, rendered the app almost completely non-functional for me.

The swipe to set doesn't work, the sleep time calculator isn't on the screen, the orientation is locked on portrait, the dial is now tiny and at the very bottom of the screen, touching a second alarm makes the font go black and renders the app completely unresponsive.

It feels like the app was changed and is now incompatible with my system. I have an iPad Air running iOS 9.3.2.

Thanks!

7. Konstantin Erokhin closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2016 02:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac